Roma Numismatics Limited is the leading auction house for the ancient coins sector in the UK and the third largest in the sector globally. The company has recently begun expanding into the medieval, world and British coins sectors, and is now looking to recruit a motivated individual with a strong sense of drive and efficiency to join the firm’s small but highly effective team. The candidate should possess good interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a small company environment. Attention to detail is essential, as are high standards of literacy and numeracy. As the company’s primary operations relate to the sale of ancient artefacts, the candidate will ideally have a pre-existing interest in ancient history, or a willingness to develop their knowledge in this field.
The company views the following as desirable (though not necessarily essential). Preference will be given to candidates able to demonstrate one or more of these attributes:
- Degree and/or A-levels in History, Classics or similar;
- Strong research and essay-writing skills, and good command of English grammar;
- Website design/management skills;
- Fluency in additional languages such as French/German/Italian/Spanish/Russian, or written Arabic;
- Any other skills or experience directly applicable to an auction company will also be considered;
The potential employee will be involved in all aspects of the company’s operations, including but not limited to cataloguing and research of auction lots, photography, preparation of auction catalogues and the execution of biannual live floor auctions and monthly electronic auctions; dealing with customers and suppliers; general office administration including data entry and management, assisting with the preparation and management of company and client accounts; representing the company at third party auctions in the UK or abroad; attending trade fairs in the UK or abroad.
Remuneration and Benefits: Negotiable, depending on relevant/direct experience; the basic salary for an entry-level employee with no experience is £26,000 plus discretionary bonus of up to £3,000 in the first year (after successful completion of 3 month probation period paid at a rate of £23,000 pa).
Additional non-contractual benefits linked to personal and company performance and accrued employment term will apply, including but not limited to:
- Eligibility for company stock options, thus the opportunity to participate directly in the ownership structure of the company and future growth
- Eligibility for company-paid staff education/training and development exercises
- Private medical insurance provided by BUPA.
- Salary credit to nullify PMI tax liability.
- Company subsidised travel allowance
- Discretionary year-end Holiday Season bonus
- 4 week paid sabbatical for every 5 years’ employment
- Company sponsorship for personal charitable fund-raising exercises up to value of £500/annum
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to the managing director at Roma Numismatics Ltd.