Stephen Album’s 10th Internet Auction
Stephen Album Rare Coins will hold its Internet Auction 10 at its offices in Santa Rosa, California on 28th June 2021. Internet pre-bidding has begun and can be accessed through their website. The Auction is made up of an even 1,000 lots of Ancient, Islamic, Chinese, General World, and Indian Coins. Lot estimates in this auction range from $40 to $1400. The majority of the coins in the sale are World Coins, with nearly 500 of them graded by PCGS. Over 60 Chinese coins are sure to garner attention, as well as some rare U.S. coins and mint sets.
Sample lots from the sale follow:
- Lot 830: World. United States. 1947 official mint SET, first year of mint sets, mintage of only 5,000 sets (many now broken up), retail value $1,500, set of 28 coins, S. This is the only mint set that contains Walking Liberty half dollars. No S-mint halves were produced this year. Estimate: $1,000-$1,400.
- Lot 104: Islamic. Qajar. Fath ‘Ali Shah (1797-1834). 1/2 toman, Isfahan, AH1212. A-2858, KM-736.1. With mint epithet Dar al-Saltana, lustrous fields! PCGS graded AU55. Estimate: $300-$700.
- Lot 857: China, Republic. 50 cents, year 3 (1914). Y-328, L&M-64. Small obverse scratch, PCGS graded EF details. Estimated at $500 to $700.
- Lot 971: India, British India. Rupee token, 1874. KM-Tn2, Prid-32. One rupee grain token struck at the Calcutta mint for the Bengal famine of 1874, with central hole as issued, PCGS graded AU55. Estimate: $400-$500.
- Lot 4: Ancient. Greek. Seleukeia. Seleukos I Nikator (305-281 BC), AE-Unit, uncertain mint 19 (perhaps Bactra), ca. 290/86-281 BC. SC-269.2, HGC-9:87. Head of Dioskouros right, wearing wreathed pilos, encircled monogram behind / Forepart of horned horse right, anchor behind, minor porosity, dark red-brown patina, Very fine. Very rare. Estimate: $100-$150.
The firm is now taking consignments for its Auction 41, which will be held 9th-11th September 2021. More information can be found on their website.
The auction can also be found on Sixbid.