Additional E-Auction at Gorny & Mosch in May
On 29 May 2020, Gorny & Mosch will be holding an additional e-auction 271, ‘Greece, ‘Imperials’, Romans, lots, modern times’. From 9 am on 29 May 2020, 1,103 ancient coins and 175 coins and medals dating from the Middle ages to modern times will be auctioned online. A particular highlight among the ancient coins is an important collection of ‘Greek Imperials’ from a private owner from Southern Germany (E.L. collection): 900 coins will be auctioned, some of which come from rarely documented cities. Some pieces were previously unpublished, most have a beautiful patina and can be purchased at attractive estimates.
An overview of the highlights:
- No. 13: Greek Coins. Didrachm. 340-330 BC. Very rare! Good style! Die and planchet errors on reverse, VF. Estimate: 800 euros
- No. 107: Roman Provincial Coins. Nicopolis. Geta as Caesar, 197-209 AD. AE. Rare with this bust! Dark green patina, EF. Estimate: 100 euros
- No. 287: Roman Provincial Coins. Pautalia. Julia Domna, 211-217 AD. AE. Dark green patina, VF, estimate: 100 euros
- No. 475: Roman Provincial Coins. Cyme. Faustina Minor, 161-175 AD. AE. Rare! Brown patina, VF. Estimate: 100 euros
- No. 1097: Vatican/Papal States. Pius XI., 1922-1939. Gold medal 1929 (by K. Roth), Munich. Gold. Matt finish. EF. Estimate: 1,000 euros
- No. 1123: Russia. Nicholas II., 1894-1917. Gold medal, no date (around 1905), by Joseph Marschak. Kiev. Gold. Extremely rare. Major rim nicks, minuscule scratches, slightly rubbed, otherwise VF-EF. Estimate: 8,125 euros
- No. 1141: Switzerland. Confederation. 5 francs 1916 B, Bern. 24.99 g. Rare date. Minor rim nicks, almost EF. Estimate: 600 euros
- No. 1154: Islam. Umayyads. Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan, 65-86 AH. (685-705 AD.). Dirham 84 AH. (703/704 AD), Istakhr. Rare! VF +. Estimate: 100 euros
The catalogue of e-auction 271 is available online. If you’re interested in this auction, you can also sign up for live bidding at this address.
In accordance with official regulations regarding the coronavirus crisis, pre-viewing is only permitted by prior appointment and under observation of all hygiene regulations. You must wear a face mask at your personal viewing.
Personal viewings in the business premises of Gorny & Mosch at Maximiliansplatz 20, 80333 Munich must be arranged via telephone (+49-89/24 22 643-0) or email. There are viewing slots available during business hours (10 am to 1 pm and 2.30 pm to 6 pm) between Wednesday, 20 May and Thursday, 28th May 2020.
Further information are available on the Gorny & Mosch website.