The Japan Mint will hold the International Coin Design Competition (ICDC) 2021 with the objective of encouraging creativity and enhancing the artistry of coin designs. The Mint hopes this competition will lead to the discovery of many excellent works, and looks forward to creative, artistic and beautiful coin designs.
Categories & Entry Qualifications
A sketch and a pair of plaster models (the obverse and reverse sides) of the coin design are required.
All ages and nationalities are eligible to enter. Entrants do not have to be professionals, but please take notice that entrants should be capable of submitting a pair of plaster models at the final stage.
A sketch of the coin design (the obverse and reverse sides) is required.
Any student who is registered at any school and was born on or after August 31st, 1991 is qualified to enter.
- Award for Most Excellent Work (one award): 500,000 yen, an award plaque, and a medal featuring the awarded design
- Award for Excellent Work (one award): 200,000 yen, an award plaque, and a medal featuring the awarded design
- Fine Work (three awards): 100,000 yen
- Award for Future Designer (one award): 50,000 yen and an award plaque
- General/ Student:
- Jury’s Special Award: 50,000 yen
- General: Saturday, May 1st, 2021 – Friday, July 30th, 2021
- Student: Saturday, May 1st, 2021 – Wednesday, September 15th, 2021
For more detailed information please read the complete Entry Information at the Japan Mint website.
And in this article you can see the Winners of the ICDC 2020.