Rare and Exquisite Russian Coins at Rare Coins Moscow
Rare Coins Moscow present their auction 24: “Superb collection of Ancient, European, Russian coins and medals”. It will take place on 6 June 2020 at 12:00 (Moscow time).
821 lots will be presented of which 722 lots of Russian coins and medals (207 in holders), 11 Ancient coins, 23 European coins. The auction includes 63 lots of numismatic books.
The auction is rich of rarity coins. Top-lots include a lot of classic rarities and the most mysterious objects of Russian numismatic. The commission is 15% of the lot price.
- Lot 2: The Roman Empire. Crispina, wife of Emperor Commode, Aureus. 180-182 A.D. AV, 7,24g. Start $40.000.
- Lot 4: The Roman Empire. Emperor Uranius Antonius. Aureus. c. 253-254 AD, AV, 5,39g. Start $160.000.
- Lot 315: 1 Ruble 1714. Start $150.000.
- Lot 356: Ducat 1729. Start $120.000.
- Lot 49: Ducat 1753. ФЕВР:5•. In holder NGC XF 45. Start $65.000.
- Lot 487: Ducat 1796. СПБ-TI. From Morera collection, Superior Galleries, New York, December 1988, lot 1257. Start $9.500.
- Lot 525: 1 Ruble 1807. Pattern. Novodel. With expertise signed by I.V. Shiryakov. Start $52.000.
- Lot 565: 12 Rubles 1832. СПБ. It belongs to the group of the rarest and most popular coins of the Russian Empire. Start $27.000.
- Lot 577: 1 ½ Rubles 1- zlot 1836. With expertise signed by I.V. Shiryakov. Start $45.000.
- Lot 677: 1 Ruble 1890. Bitkin 64(R4) XXXX. This coin is the only one known instance. Start $260.000.
You can examine at all available coins on the website of Rare Coins.
If you don’t speak Russian, it may be easier to view the lots at Numisbids.