May 2, 2013 – Rare coins certified by Professional Coin Grading Service will be among the highlights of major auctions in Asia and Europe in the coming weeks.
‘Collectors and dealers appreciate the confidence and security provided by PCGS,’ said Muriel Eymery, PCGS Vice President of International Business Development.
On April 25, Ars Time Company Ltd. of Hong Kong conducted its first ‘electronic auction.’ Among the more than 100 PCGS-certified coins in the auction are:
- Austria 2 Taler 1858 commemorating the opening of Vienna to Trieste railroad, graded PCGS MS61.
- 2 Louis XVI 6 Livres 1791 AE Patterns, PCGS SP63BN and SP64BN.
- Kingdom of Holland 20 gulden 1808 AE Pattern, PCGS SP64BN.
- Papal States Innocent XII Piastra 1699 commemorating the Restoration of the port at Anzio, PCGS AU55.
- and an important collection of PCGS-certified Bayern Geschichtetalers.
On April 27, a new company in Moscow launched by PCGS Authorized Dealer Vitaly Kuralev, Rare Coins Auction House, will conduct its inaugural auction. More than 100 certified coins will be featured including:
Grade PCGS AU53+, this 1751 Ducat will be offered by Rare Coins Auction House in Moscow, April 27, 2013.
- 1751 Ducat, graded PCGS AU53+, formerly in the Leonid Soderman Collection.
- 1754 Ruble, PCGS MS64.
- 1906 Ruble, PCGS MS64+.
- 1907 50 Kopek, PCGS MS64.
On May 15, Monnaies D’Antan of Poses, France will begin a two-day auction that will include over 400 certified coins. Among the highlights:
- A beautiful ensemble of coins from Monaco, including a 1974 gold pattern of 50 francs, PCGS SP68.
This 1979 French Polynesia 1 franc gold pattern piefort, graded PCGS SP69, is one of the highlights of the May 15 and 16, 2013 auction by Monnaies D’Antan of Poses, France.
- 1979 French Polynesia 1 franc gold pattern piefort, PCGS SP69.
Since its founding in 1986, PCGS experts have certified over 25 million coins with a total market value of over $27 billion.
‘We are seeing more demand for PCGS-certified coins in Asia and Europe because PCGS provides safety, security and value,’ said Don Willis, President of PCGS, a division of Collectors Universe, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLCT).
‘PCGS offers an unlimited guaranty of authenticity, and certification increases your coin’s value and liquidity. PCGS is recognized worldwide as the standard for coin grading.’
For additional information about PCGS services in Europe visit the PCGS Europe website.
And for information about services in Asia including the new Shanghai grading center visit the PCGS Asia website.