July 31, 2014 – From June 21 to 23, 2015 the international conference Ancient Cultures in the Lands of the Bible will take place in Jerusalem. Before and after the conference special tours will be offered to the participants in order to take them to famous places of the region’s history.
The organisers invite researchers ‘from all over the world to present their studies relating to the history, culture and archaeology of the Lands of the Bible, and topics that shed light on interrelations within the region and with other parts of the ancient world.’
All interested researchers are invited to submit abstracts of papers related to the subject of the conference until September 15, 2014. You can find all details regarding the abstracts here.
All participants will have the opportunity to tour through the Holy Land in the days around the conference. The following tours will be offered:
1) Jerusalem – 6,000 Years of Creation: 3 days tour in Jerusalem, dedicated to its historical stratum and surroundings.
2) Following the Crusaders: 3 days tour visiting fortifications, cities and fortresses built by the Crusaders, famous battle fields, hidden churches and secret graves. We will visit Jerusalem, the Jordan Valley, Galilee, Acre and more interesting sites.
3) Ancient Port Cities – The Melting Pot of Civilizations: 3 days tour to the Biblical cities along the Mediterranean cost line, from south to north. Ashkelon, Ashdod, Jaffa, Caesarea, Haifa, Akko, and modern Tel Aviv.
4) The Living Ancient Deserts: 2 days tour, from Qumran and Massada to the Nabatean Kingdom.
5) Massada Dead Sea and Qumran: 1 day tour to the Dead Sea area. (Pre-conference & After-conference)
6) Biblical Cities and Fortifications of Judea: 1 day tour. (Pre-conference & Post conference)
7) Classical Jerusalem: 1 day tour of Old & New Jerusalem (Pre-conference & Post conference)
Additionally on Wednesday June 24 experts of the Israel Museum will offer workshops and give insight in their daily work.
You can find all information regarding this conference on the Conference’s website.