March 29, 2018 – The International Bank Note Society (IBNS) is an association of bank note collectors organised in local chapters. In the Lower Auction Room at Spink (69, Southampton Row, London, WC1B 4ET) the IBNS London Chapter will hold its second Educational Banknote Forum.
Friday: presentations on bank note related topics
On Friday 13 April 2018 speakers from the Banknote Industry, as well as researchers and collectors from around the world, will deliver presentations on diverse topics:
- Alfred Joseph Bull and his contribution to banknote design, c. 1920-1950
- All that glitters’, why movement is the new gold
- Banknotes of the French Pacific to 1950
- Aspects of Scottish Banknote Design, 1695 to 2017
- A short tour through the wonderful world of banknote production
- Falun, Sweden: The Mountain, The Mine, The Monarchs, The Coins and The Currency – A Numismatic History
- Polymer Bank Notes – The Future of Banknotes
A wide range of topics with hopefully something of interest for everyone.
Attendance is free, however places are strictly limited.
Saturday: a trip to Windsor Castle
If you are able to stay in or near London for the 2018 Educational Banknote Forum a trip has been arranged to Windsor Castle on Saturday 14th April. Places are again limited and need to be reserved as soon as possible.
To reserve your place at the forum or on the Windsor Castle trip please send an e-mail.
For more information go to the IBNS London website.