January 22, 2015 – The Spanish Royal Mint presented the designs of the new 2015 Spanish Euro circulation coins:
- The new national side of the 1 and 2 Euro coins. They are the first circulation coins with the effigy of H.M. Felipe VI alone.
- The 2 Euro commemorative coin is dedicated to the Cave of Altamira, the sixth issue in the World Heritage Series of 2 Euro coins.
These three 2015 dated Euro circulation coins will be included in the following products of the Spanish Royal Mint:
- 2015 BU Regular Circulation Coin Set. This product will be issued during the World Money Fair. Maximum issue: 50,000 pcs.
- 2015 BU “Autonomous Regions” sets, this time dedicated to the Balearic Islands and La Rioja. Issue date: June. Maximum issue: 20,000 pcs of each.
- 2015 Proof Set. Issue date: April. Maximum issue: 5,000 pcs.
Furthermore, the 2 Euro commemorative coin “Cave of Altamira” will be issued in proof quality in October.
Click here to visit the Royal Spanish Mint online.