July 9, 2015 – Every collector of French coins knows the Gadoury Rouge. On 560 pages, it contains a complete price guide for all French coinages made between 1789 and 2015, covering areas like Monaco, Corsica and the Saarland as well.
Monnaies françaises 1789-2015. Éditions Victor Gadoury, Monaco, 2015. 22nd edition. 567 pages with full colour illustrations throughout. Hardcover, 15 x 20.7 cm. ISBN: 2-906602-41-8. 29 euros.
The book’s great forte are its clarity, it lavish illustrations and the fact that many specialists are volunteering for working on particular areas of expertise, to present a catalog that is based on state-of-the-art research.
Every new edition, therefore, contains much more than a ‘mere’ price adjustment to current market conditions.
The 22nd edition was completely revised as regards the following subjects:
- Coins prior to the introduction of the franc in 1795
- Newly added: Coinages of Napoleon in Italy, with a great number of hitherto unedited variants
- French commemorative coins between 1989 and 2001
- French euro gold and silver commemorative coins struck between 2001 and 2015, including all mintages
- Coins from Monaco: introduction of a completely new typology of the sol de billon of Antonio I
Other news of this edition:
- More than 500 additional photos with many close-up details
- More than 100 additional pages
- Entirely new numbering of French commemorative coins after 1989
- Entirely new numbering of Monegasque coins
What remains unaltered is the price. For only 29 euros the extensive standard work on French coinage, spanning 560 pages, is obtainable from the internet or Editions V. Gadoury. Le Panorama. 57, rue Grimaldi, 98000 Monaco. phone: 00377 93 25 12 96, e-mail.
Please note: The book will be delivered to Europe and Overseas per FEDEX.