28-11-2010 – 01-01-1970
Santa Clara Coin, Stamp and Collectibles Expo
Teletrade’s Official Online Auction of the Santa Clara Expo Tops $1 Million
Teletrade, the largest Internet auction company for certified coins and currency, wrapped up the Santa Clara Coin, Stamp and Collectibles Expo with the successful sale of 2,700 lots that realized $1,072,219. The Nov. 19-21 event marks Teletrade’s fifth consecutive show as Official Online Auctioneer.
“With lots ranging from several dollars to thousands of dollars, our auction offered something for every coin collector,” said Brian Kendrella, vice president of Teletrade. “A noteworthy highlight of the sale is the 1916 Standing Liberty Quarter, lot 2417, which was sold for $8,510. Verified VF30 by PCGS, this is one of the truly elegant short-lived design types to come out of the U.S. Mint. ”
Additional highlights of Teletrade’s Official Auction of the Santa Clara Expo include:
* Lot 1089, 1873 Double Liberty Small Cent, AU-58 (PCGS), CAC, realized $6,210
* Lot 2376, 1818 Quarter, MS-64 (PCGS), realized $9,890
* Lot 3585, 1796 LG Date SM Letters Silver Dollar, BB-65, B-5 XF-45 (NGC), realized $6,670
* Lot 4150, 1889-CC Silver Dollar, AU-53 (PCGS), realized $5,290
* Lot 5592, 1905-S $20 Gold, MS-64 (NGC), realized $4,945
The semi-annual Santa Clara Coin, Stamp and Collectible Expo is the largest and best attended sale in Northern California. The show draws more than 5,000 attendees and features coin grading services for onsite estimates and certifications. For more information about the expo, visit www.santaclaraexpo.com.
For a complete list of prices realized or to browse catalogs for future auctions, visit firm’s web site at www.teletrade.com.